Sunday, November 9, 2008

Lauren Conrad Collection


Yes, we all have gotten sucked in to join this new site called the quad, with the allure of going to a LC fashion show. Yes I was one of them, who like you, was looking forward to going to the show.

My girlfriends and I bought tickets, and laid out over$500 on a booth at Soundbar in Minneapolis, just to ensure we were close enough to the runway.

WHAT A WASTE and DISAPPOINTMENT!! The club sent out an email stating that the show was going to start at 10, well last minute, they decide to move the show till 8. So we ended up missing most of it. Then to top it off she came out for all of 15 minutes and then left. It was a complete waste of money and time. I actually liked her collection, and wanted to buy some items....but I am definitely not supporting her.


It doesn't sound like I was the only one disappointed either. Everyone at the show was complaining. What a horrible experience.

my advice: save the money and time and do not go.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Cassie!
Only you would create a site to vent! Too funny! But I totally agree, it was a major let down (: I am going to be a few minutes late to tonight's meeting. TTYL.

Sugar Soiree said...

Well I disagree...it was totally not LC's fault, it was the organizers. I was there, she was sweet and nice. It was just that the actual show was not that great

Unknown said...

Cassie

Like Jeff, I also think it's hysterical that you took the time to create a blog dedicated to your unfortunate LC3 experience. Your voice certainly speaks for many who attended the event in Minneapolis. I myself was very upset with the club for giving out false information, overselling tickets, greasing students at the door and offering bottle service in violation of our contract with them. You are obviously very creative and proactive. My name is Zach and I run the public company that owns TheQuad.com property. One of our employees showed me your blog this afternoon. I would welcome your calling our office directly to speak with me about your troubles. Although I know Jen from our office has been in touch with you concerning the problems you experienced, I would like to hear the issues personally so that we can effectively address them.

Our office number is 323-966-5800. I'll look forward to speaking with you.

Best,

Zach Suchin